Green Drinks, Quick Results – Cut Out Bad Carbs and Lose 5 Pounds of Bloat In One Week
A key facet of the EnergyFirst program is nutrition. In fact, we've found that a lean, healthy body and high-energy lifestyle can be attributed 70% to nutrition, 25% to exercise and 5% to supplementation. At the cornerstone of nutrition is eating the optimal balance of lean protein, healthy fats and unprocessed carbs (like green drink powder) at every meal and cutting out all the unhealthy foods. As you probably know, the long-term benefits of eating this way are crucial to living a long, healthy life, and they’re also necessary for cell function and a fast metabolism. But did you know that there are some quick results from the program too?
Yes, for those of you who want to see healthy results fast, you're in luck because following the EnergyFirst program can produce results within even a week... like losing water bloat by replacing bad carbs with good carbs like green drinks!
Here's how good carbs like green health drinks can beat the bloat ...
If you eat a diet too high in bad, processed carbs and sodium, you hold excess water throughout your body that causes you to bloat. If you cut out the bad carbs and sodium, the bloat goes away and you lose weight. Sounds like a simple enough solution, right? Cutting out the bad carbs IS simple if the bad carbs are replaced with good, unprocessed carbs like raw veggies, green drink powder, whole grains and high fiber fresh fruit.
Just remember that is critical the you do get carbs at every meal. You need them for your body and brain to function.
Here's why carbohydrates are so important...
Carbs convert into glucose, which is our bodies' one and only fuel source. Every cell in our bodies and brains uses glucose to function. If we don't get enough glucose, we can't think straight and our bodies go into starvation mode and store glucose as fat instead of using it as fuel. If we get too much glucose, we get a sugar rush followed by a sugar crash and again our bodies go into starvation mode. And we feel hungry!
If we get just the right amount of glucose, we feel energized and can think, learn, create, and work efficiently. We feel good and our cells are happy and go about doing their jobs properly.
The trick to getting the optimal amount of carbs
The trick to making sure our blood glucose levels are stable is eating lean protein and healthy fats with our carbs. A rule of thumb we like to use is the "fist, thumb, fist rule." Eat a fist-size portion of lean protein (like whey powder ) , a thumb-sized portion of healthy fats (like nuts and seeds), and a fist-size portion of good carbs (like green drink powder) at every meal. The protein and fats make sure the glucose is time-released into your blood and give you that steady blood sugar throughout the day. You feel satisfied and your metabolism speeds up.
So now, back to the good carbs and seeing some quick results!
Not all carbohydrates are created equal.
The kind of carbs you eat makes a big difference. There are the good green energy drinks, raw veggies, whole grains and fresh fruit. And then there are the bad, processed carbs, like candy, muffins, white rice, bagels, or anything made with white processed sugar or flour.
As mentioned, you need good carbs (combined with lean protein and healthy fats) at every meal to:
- provide fiber to curb hunger and stabilize blood sugar
- provide glucose to fuel your brain
- burn body fat
Processed carbs, on the other hand, provide no nutritional value whatsoever and make you retain water. Get rid of the processed carbs altogether and the water can go away.
What about losing 5 pounds of bloat in one week with green drinks?
To lose up to 5 pounds in one week, cut out salt and switch from bad carbs to good carbs, like green energy drinks, and watch the retained water disappear. But you must cut out all the bad carbs. No cheating!
Are You Going to Start Your Weight Loss Journey? Here's an easy 3 Steps/Plan:
#1. Cut salt and bad carbs from your diet completely. Here's what's bad when it comes to carbs:
- Anything processed. This means anything that didn't go straight from the ground to your plate.
- Anything made with white sugar (because white sugar = processed). Check the labels; white sugar is in many things. Even that sourdough bread you had your lunch sandwich on or those buttermilk pancakes probably use processed sugar. Here are some items that are usually made with white sugar: candy, ice cream, cookies, sandwich bread, English muffins, ketchup, jelly or jam, peanut butter, salad dressing, BBQ sauce.
- Anything made with white flour (because white flour = processed). Again check labels because white flour is in many things, like your sandwich bread, breakfast blueberry muffins, breakfast cereals, dinner rolls, pop tarts, waffles, pasta.
- Dried fruit or sweetened fruit.
- Potatoes that are white on the inside.
#2. Replace the bad carbs with good carbs in your diet. Here's are some examples of good carb servings (in order of best carb sources):
- Green drink powder -- 2 scoops (includes wheat grass, spirulina, barley grass, and other green nutrient-dense superfoods
- Veggies -- unlimited raw vegetables, non-starchy are best (e.g. green, yellow, red, and orange vegetables, and avoid potatoes that are white on the inside); OR 2-3 cups of grilled, steamed, lightly sautéed, non-starchy vegetables; and just so you know, 2 scoops of green drink powder equals 5 servings of rich vegetables link
-Legumes (e.g. beans, peas, lentils) -- 1 cup cooked
- Yams, sweet potatoes, pumpkin or summer squash -- 1/2 cup
- Whole grains (e.g. brown rice, old fashioned oatmeal, wild rice, barley, quinoa, whole wheat, kamut) -- 1/2 cup cooked
Other good carbs include fresh or frozen fruit (high fiber fruit is best but must not be sweetened); whole grain or spouted grain bread; and whole grain pasta.
Unless you're an endurance athlete, you only need one serving of unprocessed carbohydrates per meal.
#3. Always have protein and fat with your carbs -- try the green drink powder plus whey protein shake.
Together with your good carbs, you need protein and fat to metabolize the glucose from the carbs and provide your body with energy to function. And you also need the right ratio of carbs, protein, and fat. One of favorite meals that has that perfect ratio is the EnergyFirst Protein Shake with green drink powder. It has the optimum nutritional balance, is easy and quick to make, and tastes great. And since it contains the optimal balance of carbs and protein, it will help ensure that you burn fat instead of storing it.
Lose the Bloat Now and Start On Your Healthy, Happy, Lean-Living Way
If you want to "lose the bloat," have your clothes feel loser and start to feel better about yourself, start now with the EnergyFirst program and no cheating on those good veggies and green health drinks! This is serious if you really want to lose those 5 pounds.
You can click to get started with our proven, 100% all-natural, unprocessed carbs – Greenergy. We provide a money-back guarantee on Greenergy and other weight-loss promoting supplements like fish oil and whey protein powder shake mix.
And enjoy the quick results, all you impatient, health-conscious, nutrition-lovers!