Natural Protein Supplements – How Natural Protein Powder Benefits You Every Day (Even If You’re Not A Bodybuilder)
These days, whey protein supplements aren’t just for people who want to increase their muscle mass. Instead, health conscious individuals of all shapes and sizes enjoy natural whey protein as a daily, high–quality source of natural protein and a natural energy supplement. Natural protein supplements provide essential protein that is not only easy to take but is also a highly efficient way to get natural protein. Because if you’re like most people, you’re probably busy and know that it’s not always so easy to get everything you need from your diet.
Why is natural protein powder essential for everybody?
Getting enough natural protein is essential for our bodies to function, metabolize and develop on a basic level. Yes, it’s great for muscles (and therefore a fabulous natural energy supplement for bodybuilders), but it also does other things. Natural protein, as found in whey protein powder, forms our muscles and is a major supply of energy to fuel our muscles. Yes, even for basic tasks like walking, talking, breathing and heart beating, our muscles need to be fed.
Natural protein also helps build and maintain most organs and hormones and is used to make hemoglobin and antibodies; not to mention that we need to eat protein at every meal (together with healthy oils and carbs) for our metabolism to work smoothly so that we can maintain a healthy, lean body at an ideal weight. (Click here to learn more about how eating a fist of protein, a thumb of fats, a fist of carbs at every meal can help ensure a fast, highly functioning metabolism and balanced energy level.)
Natural protein is recommended at an absolute minimum of 1/2 gram per pound of bodyweight per day and 1 full gram per pound of bodyweight for people who are active in any way.
Natural Whey Protein Powder is One of the Best Natural Proteins
Natural whey protein is one of the best natural proteins because it’s pure, clean, and one of the most easily absorbed sources of protein there is. In fact, natural whey protein has the highest biological value (a measure of nitrogen retained for growth or maintenance) of any protein.
Never heard of whey protein? Natural whey protein comes from milk. It’s a by–product of cheese manufacturing. The natural dairy fat, cholesterol and sugar, however, are separated out from the natural protein amino acids that make up the protein powder.
Everyday Natural Energy and Whey Protein Supplement Benefits That Simplify Your Life
In addition to being one of the most efficient and effective sources of natural protein, there are other benefits to taking natural protein supplements like natural whey protein powder on a daily basis. Here are a few:
- Natural protein powder tastes good. Most natural protein powder supplements come in flavors like chocolate and vanilla. You can enjoy their natural flavor by mixing with water or you can throw in a blender and add your favorite fresh fruit to taste. Check out the EnergyFirst Smoothie Recipes for some great smoothie and shake ideas!
- Natural protein supplements are great on the go. The best natural protein is also the easiest to take and make, which means you’re more likely to get it into your daily routine. It’s only about two minutes to mix with water or five if you make a smoothie. The alternative for busy people is usually fast grab–n–go foods that don’t keep you on a healthy–metabolism diet. What usually happens when we’re in a rush is that we'll grab the carbs and skip the protein and end up in a sugar rush followed by a sugar crash and no energy. Our metabolism slows down and we store whatever we get as emergency–reserve fat.
- Natural protein supplements are lean, low–cal protein. Even though whey is a dairy by–product, as mentioned above, the sugar (lactose), fat and cholesterol is separated out, leaving only the pure amino acids (all 8 essential amino acids and branched–chain amino acids) for the whey protein supplements.
- Kids love natural protein powder shakes and smoothies. Who wouldn’t rather have a chocolate strawberry smoothie for breakfast than eggs? And vanilla banana shake instead of fish for dinner? No brainer, especially when parents know their kids are getting what they need.
- Whey protein supplements add variety to your diet. Go ahead, spoil the kid in you, because grown-ups deserve a treat instead of meat sometimes too.
- Natural protein supplements are great for traveling. Easy to pack, easy to carry, easy to make, protein powder is perfect for road trips, work trips and vacation. Most of us eat poorly when we travel and something as simple as a quick protein powder shake with a meal can make a big difference in your energy level, your ability to fight off those nasty germs floating around the airplane, as well as your all–important brain power.
- Natural energy supplement drinks are great as a midnight snack. Fattening cookies, chips or slices of sandwich meat versus throwing powder in water and stirring for a tasty, healthy shake? A decision you can make in your sleep.
- The best natural protein is also the best dessert substitute. Next time you want to reach for a bowl of ice–cream or root beer float try a sweet–tooth satisfying, low–calorie, low fat chocolate-strawberry protein shake instead.
- Natural protein stabilizes blood sugar. Working with unprocessed carbs and healthy oils in your diet, protein allows your cells to metabolize glucose in a steady flow instead of a sugar rush. In this steady state, your body doesn’t need to go into emergency mode and store everything as fat. Instead, it can burn fat for fuel.
- Natural energy supplements are great for weight loss. Since the protein stabilizes your metabolism with a steady flow of glucose instead of a sugar rush and sugar crash, your cells feel "satisfied" and there’s no need for them to horde food in fat cells. Instead, they are free to burn fat for fuel and you eat less because you don’t feel hungry.
- Natural whey protein increases glutathione levels in blood and liver. Glutathione is the body’s most powerful antioxidant and plays a key role in immune function. When liver glutathione levels rise, the liver is able to more effectively detoxify the body.
- Whey protein isolate is composed of the same basic proteins that are found in human breast milk. And that's about as healthy as it gets. Natural whey protein also has the same side-effect profile as human breast milk, which is also about as good as it gets.
Get Your Natural Protein Needs Met and Enjoy a Healthy Lifestyle
If you want your muscles to work fluidly, your energy levels to be stable and your body to be lean without starving, you can do a few easy things:
- eat lean protein with every meal – natural protein powder is the best and easiest option; wild fish, lean chicken, tofu, lentils are other good choices
- drink plenty of pure water (an absolute minimum of half of your body weight in ounces per day)
- eat unprocessed carbs and healthy oils with your protein at every meal
- de–stress mealtime – give yourself a break trying to get all your nutrients fresh at every single meal by taking supplements and multi-vitamins
If you’re ready to get started now, EnergyFirst is currently offering a money–back guarantee on vanilla and chocolate natural protein supplements. Gerry Morton has some great recipes and tips