If you find yourself looking enviously at the bright new spring growth on trees, shrubs and plants, and wishing your body could regenerate like that…take heart. Nature has a way for you to detoxify your system and regenerate abundant energy.
It involves eating the foods that are in season in spring, including:
- Dandelion greens
- Lettuce of all kinds
- Mescul mix salad greens
Why are these spring greens so good for you? Because they are loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids. Both of these have a beneficial influence on the free radicals in your body that contribute to aging.
Better yet, spring greens are full of fiber and nutrients, but low in carbohydrates and calories. You can eat as much greens as you want without gaining weight…and you’ll gain a tremendous amount of energy.
Spring greens are nature’s way of inducing us to do some serious spring-cleaning of our bodies to get out all the toxins and sludge that’s built up over the winter from consuming calorie-dense foods and saturated fat.
How do you cook spring greens? First off, avoid boiling them—you’ll lose valuable vitamins and minerals in the boiling water, and likely overcook them. Instead, use a steamer and lightly steam them until they are slightly tender.
Dress steamed greens with a healthy dressing mix of EnergyFirst Omega Oil, fresh-squeezed lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, and sea salt or tamari (or soy) sauce.
If you don't like steamed greens, you can sauté them in a little olive oil with chopped onions. Squeeze some lime on them and add sea salt when done.
If you’re busy and don't have time to buy and prepare the recommended amount of five to nine servings of spring greens every day, though, an easy alternative is to stir one scoop of EnergyFirst Greenergy into a glass of water or juice. Greenergy contains:
- Anti-Cancer Green Tea Extract
- Probiotics & Digestive Enzymes for Healthy Digestion
- MSM for Joint Health
- Antioxidant content equivalent to 2lbs of green veggies
- No sugar or artificial sweeteners
Gerry Morton, CEO of EnergyFirst, has a few more spring detox tips for you:
- Reducing or eliminating refined starches from your diet, such as anything made from potatoes, flour, pasta, and bread.
- Cutting down on sugar or eliminating it. Watch out for hidden sources in canned goods, and juices.
- Drink as much water each day as you can stand—keep a glass of water on your desk and a water bottle in your car.
- Eliminate trans-fats.
- Consider drinking only EnergyFirst shakes for a few days to detox your system. You’ll be amazed at how lean you’ll get after even just a few days.
- If you drink coffee, think about giving it up for a week or two to clean out your system. If this gives you headaches, take that as a warning sign.